in vitro glycosylation

Steve Dunn dunnsm at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 09:26:05 EST 1997

Hi!
I'm wondering whether anyone's familiar with Promega's T7 TNT quick
kit for in vitro transcription/translation.  I wish to use it in
conjunction with their canine microsomes to investigate possible
glycosylation/processing of my gene which encodes a membrane protein.
The catch! My protein is from a plant not mammalian. So, if I see any
glycosylation, is it likely to be relevant and a good indication of
what might be occurring in the plant ie. in vivo (I accept the nature of
the glycosyl moiety is likely to be different, it's just the occurrence
I'm conserved with). I guess I'm really asking whether glycosylation
recognition sites are conserved between eucaryotes. Can anybody shed
some light on this ?
Many thanks for any enlightening comments,
Steve

dunnsm at bbsrc.ac.uk