membrane-permeable neuraminidase inhibitor

Derek Toomre Derek.Toomre at EMBL-HEIDELBERG.DE
Tue Apr 22 05:36:11 EST 1997

Please...Could anyone tell me if they know of a membrane permeable
neuramidase inhibitor?

I know that potent 4-guanidino-Nue5Ac2en analogues exist, but are these or
other inhibitors able to penetrate the membrane barrier?

Specifically I would like to block the sialidase activity of influenza A
infected MDCK cells so that the HA which is sent out to the PM remains
sialylated?

Thanks for any help.

-Derek

Dr. Derek Toomre
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Meyerstrasse 1
69117 Heidelberg
Germany

(+49) (6221) 38 75 12 (telefax)