beta-glucan

A.J. D'Ambra a_j_d at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 6 21:08:56 EST 1997

Take a look at a recent paper in Carbohydrate Research (vol. 299, pp.
203-208: The application of various protic acids in the extraction
of
(1-3)-beta-d-glucan from Saccharomyces
cerevisiae
A MULLER, H ENSLEY, H PRETUS, R MCNAMEE, E JONES, E MCLAUGHLIN,
CHANDLEY, W BROWDER, D LOWMAN, DL WILLIAMS)--hey, S. cerevisiae is a
fungus, too, so it might be relevant. Actually, the paper gives a fairly
thorough account of the analytical methods used.

Good luck.

Regards,
A.J. D'Ambra, Ph.D.
North American Vaccine, Inc.