Relaunch of the Glycoscience Network (TGN)

DavidA DavidA at vei.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 10:49:29 EST 1997

Relaunch of The Glycoscience Network (TGN)

We would like to announce the relaunch of The Glycoscience Network.

During the last few months we have totally restructured The Glycoscience
Network pages. They provide links to glycoscience information resources,
to academic groups and commercial suppliers in the glycoscience area.

The site will be activated at 12 noon (GMT) on Monday 21 July, 1997.

The URL is http://www.vei.co.uk/TGN/welcome.htm

We don't claim that we have included every possible group or company in
the links. If you know of a link that you think should be included, please
send us the URL, we'll check it out and, if suitable, it will be added to
the site. In addition to a news page, we intend to include a noticeboard
and a job exchange where notices and jobs offered or wanted can be posted.
The success of these new pages depends on you. If you want to advertise
job vacancies or have news or notices, then send them in and we'll put
them on the site.
The site is intended to be a dynamic resource for the glycoscience
community and there are two routes for users to provide feedback, a link
on the button bar for a comment form and a 'mailto' link on the welcome
page.

Besides a new layout and structure of the TGN web site, we are proud to
offer a Virtual Auditorium;

http://proteus.vei.co.uk/placeware/placeware.aud/auditorium.html

and a Chat Forum;

http://proteus.vei.co.uk:82

For connecting to both sites, you need to have your browser Java enabled!
Also, please note that the auditorium is not yet accessible for Mac users.

this will be used for information exchange among glycoscientists and for
announcements regarding new developments at TGN. These will also be posted
on the announcements page at the web site.

The Virtual Auditorium and the Chat Forum will both be used for the
upcoming EGC-3 conference.

The first event of Glycoscience Network Live! will take place on Thursday
31 July, 1997 at 14:00 GMT in the auditorium.

Dr. Jan Hansen (Department of Chemistry, The Technical University of
Denmark) has kindly agreed to present a guest lecture "Prediction of
Glycosylation sites by computational methods - a general approach."

Since the new auditorium is a Java application, it would be best to
connect to the auditorium 30 min before the start, so that the application
can be downloaded and started. Please make sure that your browser is Java
enabled. If you have any questions on getting into the auditorium, please
contact Christian Frosch (frosc000 at mail.uni-mainz.de) or TGN
administration (tgnorg at vei.co.uk).

TGN Co-ordinators

Christian Frosch (frosc000 at mail.uni-mainz.de)
Institute of Toxicology, University of Mainz,
Obere Zahlbacher Str. 67, D-55131 Mainz, Germany.

David Ashford (DavidA at vei.co.uk)
Glycobiology: Research & Analytical,
Department of Biology, University of York,
P.O. Box 373, York, YO1 5YW, UK.