Decomposition of ribose, glyceraldehyde, glucose...

Alejandro Rivero rivero at
Mon Jul 21 07:33:28 EST 1997

I was thinking a set of experiments about the Calvin cycle and I
have readed in some places that ribose is unstable in water
and decomposes. So, question:

Is it spontaneus, or due to light or to heating? If due to light,
does it depend of the light you use in the experience?

What about the other pieces of the cicle:
glucose... is stable in water?

I'm specially interested on any papers relating the decomposicion paper
with the action of light, if such thing happens.