Glucose Assay

David A. Priestman priesty at glycob.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 28 13:38:40 EST 1998

Looking for a good reliable assay (preferably spectrophotometric or
fluorescent) for glucose in the range >100pmol <5nmol.  Standard serum
assays (hexokinase/G6PDH, Trinder etc) are too insensitive, fluorescent
(2-AB) labeling difficult to separate free label from labelled glucose.
I would also like to be able to assay galactose in this range.

PS I know about luminometric methods, but don't have a luminometer
immediately at hand.