glycosidase-mannosidase inhibitors

Ian McFarlane I.McFarlane at icrf.icnet.uk
Fri Feb 20 06:58:37 EST 1998

There are a few mannosidase inhibitors about

Deoxymannojirimycin - Golgi mannosidase I inhibitor
Swainsonine - Is thought to be mainly a lysosomal mannosidase inhibitor
1,4-dideoxy-1,4-imino-d-mannitol

Check out Biochim. Biophys. Acta vol. 825, p95- for a review of inhibitors
of oligosaccharide processing.

All of the above are available from oxford glycosystems

Ian Mc