Beta-Elimination

Martin Dalziel M.Dalziel at ICRF.ICNET.UK
Wed Jun 10 10:00:10 EST 1998

Is the inclusion of alkaline dimethylsulfoxide the best way to minimise
protein degredation during beta-elimination release of O-glycans in
solution? I wish to study lectin binding to a glycoprotein after
beta-elimination and need to minimise the loss of peptide structure
which may result in loss of glycoprotein N-glycans. As I'm using a slot
blotting method I understand that the solid phase Beta-elimination assay
based on Immunobilon P membranes is not feasible due to the need for
methanol transfer. Is there an alternative?