Detection of Protein glycosylation

Per Mygind perm at biobase.dk
Sat Nov 6 04:51:22 EST 1999

Dear Readers

I',m working with a Bacteria and I've reasons to suspect that some
proteins in the outer membrane are glycosylated.
What is the best way to detect such protein modification, is there any
more sensitive way than using Schiff's reagent
and to digest the sample with heparinase. I'm not sure what kind of
glycosylation is involved.

Any help is greatly appreciated

--
Yours sincerely

Per Mygind

If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47, fax   : 86 19 61 28

It's hard work and great art to make life not so serious
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
                                                           (John Lennon)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be
                                                          (Roger Waters)