long-term degradation of enzyme with sephadex G-50

Achim Recktenwald, PhD ARecktenwald at StressGen.com
Tue Feb 8 18:08:01 EST 2000

Eric,

Is the flavin covalently linked to your enzyme?
Are there any other cofactors the enzyme might need, metal ions, etc.

If not, try adding some flavin or the other factors to your immobilized protein.

Cheers,

Achim
  "Eric Raskas" <eraskas at micro-sense.com> wrote in message news:000d01bf71e7$f7bce8c0$1400000a at eric...
  I am trying to use Sephadex G-50 as a support for enzyme immobilization.  I am finding that the enzyme's performance is degrading after a relatively short period of time when mixed in a suspension with the Sephadex.  Can anyone provide insight for me into this problem.  Is there some processing required for the Sephadex.  The enzyme is a well understood flavin oxidase enzyme.
  I would very much appreciate your help.

  Eric Raskas
  MicroSense
  St. Louis, Missouri