pectin extraction

H.V.Taylor harold.taylor.delete-this at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Feb 22 05:04:27 EST 2001

donwri at chem.gla.ac.uk (Donna Wright) wrote:

>Hello,
>We are Glasgow University students looking for a method for pectin
>extraction from citrus fruits.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Dear Donna,

a brief look at PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/ ) found
the following article:

Characterization of pectin, flash-extracted from orange albedo by
microwave heating, under pressure.
Fishman ML, Chau HK, Hoagland P, Ayyad K
Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, US
Department of Agriculture, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA.

While not exactly what you're looking for, I'm sure that the authors
cite articles using more conventional methods. You'll have to do a bit
of research from there.

Have fun (?! ;-))
Harold