Society for Glycobiology - WTC tragedy

mailer at mailer at
Wed Sep 19 21:57:24 EST 2001

Please do not reply to this email - replies are assumed to be bounces & automatically deleted.
If you need to contact the sender write to president at

Dear Glycoscientist

It is with great sadness that we write to tell you that
Carol Demitz, the wife of Professor Fred Brewer of the
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is listed as one of the
officially missing individuals following the devastation in
New York. She worked in one of the high floors in the second
tower of the World Trade Center. Our hearts and prayers go
out to Carol and Fred.

There is no special fund set up in Carol's name, but you may
make donations in her name to the American Red Cross.

Please send condolences by email to brewer at

Yours sincerely,        Rick Cummings

Society for Glycobiology