EGTM-6: Cell Surface Carbohydrates --- Microbial Adhesion

Eurotron Information eurotron-info at
Tue Nov 18 14:40:39 EST 2003

EGTM-6: Cell Surface Carbohydrates --- Microbial Adhesion

The above conferences takes place from 1-5 December 2003. This is the last
in a series of Glycoscience events we have held throughout this year and we
do hope you will be able to join us for this final conference. The schedule
of presentations received to date has now been published and we will be
adding new presentations as they come in. For full information see

If you have already registered to take part you will have received your user
name and password from us, and you can log in at

If you have not registered we urge you to visit the site and sign up now at

Please remember to bookmark and revisit the site in order to be kept
informed of new presentations so that you do not miss any of these
informative talks.

Current Schedule
Monday 1 December
11.00 Introduction by Dr Salam Khan

11.05 Adhesion Of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Via An Interaction With The Human
Polymeric Immunoglobulin Receptor
S Hammerschmidt s.hammerschmidt at

Potential speaker
14.00 Prof Sonia Beeckman, Brussels University

Tuesday 2 December
Lipopolysaccharide and Vibrio Cholerae
Joachim Reidl
joachim.reidl at

Wednesday 3 December
Receptors and ligands for bacterial adherence and invasion
Tobias A. Oelschlaeger
tobias.oelschlaeger at

Thursday 4 December
Synthesis of Multivalent Carbohydrates for Interference with Bacterial
Roland J. Pieters
Piete103 at

Friday 5 December
[Title TBA]