[Glycosci] Glycoprotein turn-over analysis

Vladimir Gainullin via glycosci%40net.bio.net (by gainullin from gmail.com)
Fri Aug 17 01:19:43 EST 2012

I was recently able to estimate a post-Golgi turn-over rate of a
glycoprotein by perturbing the Golgi mannosidase II with Swainsonine, then
following the remaining Endo-H resistant form of my favorite glycoprotein
using western blotting.  Although I did not see this being used elsewhere
in the literature I assume that someone must have done this previously.
Does this method have significant drawbacks compared to
cycloheximide-chase?

Thank you