Leukocyte Marker absent in platelets

George W Chacko gchacko at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Sep 23 10:37:08 EST 1992

I am performing a series of RT-PCR reactions on RNA from human
platelets. In order to asuure myself that my platelet preps aren't
contaminated with RNA from leukocytes I am looking for a molecule
expressed on monocytes, lymphocytes and PMN's that is not expressed in
platelets that I could use as a negative control. I intend to design
PCR primers to that molecule so low levels of expression will also be
picked up. I might have to use several sets of primers for each cell
type but a single molecule would be ideal. Any suggestions?

Thanks

George