Kabat database

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 15 10:42:24 EST 1993

In article <jeffdove.734839974 at well.sf.ca.us> jeffdove at well.sf.ca.us (Jeff Dove) writes:
>Reference was made above to the existence of Kabat and Wu's "Sequences Of
>Proteins Of Immunological Interest" online.  I would greatly appreciate
>any information as to accessing this database, and information regarding
>the possibilty of using it for allignmnets with known sequences.  If you
>can help, please email me at jeffdove at well.sf.ca.us

You can search it for keywords by gopher at merlot.welch.jhu.edu in the

-->  12. Search Databases at Welchlab (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM../

directory as:

   -->  6.  Kabat Database of Proteins of Immunological Interest <?>

So for example you could search for:

chicken and major and histocompatibility

and so on to retrieve what you're interested in.

You can also do blast searches of the Kabat database via the ncbi

If you've never heard of gopher don't worry it's free and on the net.
Write me a note if you need help getting started with gopher or the mail-

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu