query on immunotherapy for cancer

Dan Jacobson danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Wed Apr 21 16:11:40 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr20.161637.1 at vms.ocom.okstate.edu> price at vms.ocom.okstate.edu
 (Joseph Price, Ph.D.) writes:
>In article <1993Apr13.210409.7801 at purelogic.cs.uwlax.edu>
> huhn_tp at leucine.uwlax.edu (HUHN)
>

>> Todd Huhn
>> Huhn_tp at cowley.uwlax.edu
>writes:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have been trying to find information of on the use of adjuvants in cancer
 >> therapy but haven't had much luck.  I'm familiar with the GAO findings and

>> recommendations of 1989, but I am looking more to immunotherapy ...
>
>There are several areas of research you can examine which involve the use
>of adjuvants in the therapy of cancer, and worth Medline searching for the
>specific areas of interest to you.

Or you might try a gopher search of all the Researchers who have grants
from NIH.

In order to search this database just point your gopher client at
merlot.welch.jhu.edu and go to the following directory:

--> Searching For Biologists\

Then select:

  --> All Researchers funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health <?>

You can use booleans (and, or, not) when searching this database.

Thus if you wanted to find people working on cancer immunotherapy just
type in:

cancer and immunotherapy

This will bring up over two hundred (256) which is the limit for
number of hits returned.  You might want to narrow you search
down a bit - you can keep adding on 'ands' to do so.  For exampe-
if you wanted to limit your search to Rosenberg you could type:

cancer and immunotherapy and rosenberg

and so on.

If you've never heard of gopher - don't worry it's free and on the
net, write me a note if you need information on how to get started.

Hope you find this useful,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

Johns Hopkins University