Request for field sera

B.M. Meehan mbbhm at
Tue Dec 21 06:35:44 EST 1993

	I am presently working on the production of baculovirus
expressed animal virus antigens for use in ELISA diagnostics.
The viruses we are working on are the coronaviruses transmissible
gastroenteritis virus (TGEV) and porcine respiratory coronavirus
(PRCV) in addition to the lentiviruses maedi visna (MVV) and
caprine arthritis encephalitis virus (CAEV).  The main problem
that we are having is the availability of positive field sera
to these viruses.  We only have experimental sera for evaluation
purposes.  Because of this I would be grateful for any sources of
positive field sera for these diseases.  We would be able to provide
an import licence prior to dispatch and cover postage costs.

Any source of help would be greatly appreciated

		Brian Meehan

Brian Meehan
Dept. of Veterinary Science
The Queen's University of Belfast