Removing Con A from Con A sup

Fri May 28 15:01:07 EST 1993

In article <C7n45r.F56 at>, shiv at (Shiv A.
Prasad) wrote:
> Does anyone know about a column which depletes Con A from Con A supernatants?
> I've seen this in a Materials&Methods somewhere, but can't remember where :-(

> Shiv A. Prasad				shiv at
> Dept. of Microbiology			pras0005 at
> Univ. of Minnesota

I've never heard about solid phase depletion of Con A from supts, but we
regularly add alpha-methyl-mannoside (20mM final:2ug/ml Con A) to supts
which contain Con A.  It effectively neutralizes all of Con A bioactivity.
I don't have the ref handy but if you e-mail me, I can dig around a little.
 Hope this helps!

Allen Black]
medm003 at
Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham