[Determining Specificity of PCR Probe?]

Eric Zorrilla zorrilla at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 28 13:39:40 EST 1993

We are trying to determine the specificity of a probe's amplification of
a sequence using the polymerase chain reaction.  We have access to the
standard public-domain programs (Primer, etc.) and the GenBank database
and was wondering if it was possible to determine a probe's specificty
with these tools.  If not, what other commercial or non-commercial alternatives
are available to automate such a process?

| Eric Zorrilla - Dept. of Psychology  | zorrilla at cattell.psych.upenn.edu     |
| University of Pennsylvania           | 3815 Walnut, Philadelphia, PA 19104  |