Inhibiting phagocytosis

greg gregor99 at delphi.com
Sun Aug 21 17:19:44 EST 1994

We use cytochalsin d because when we started out years ago we were told it
was better at inhibiting phagocytosis. Cytochalsin b also inhibits glucose
transport,while CD is not supposed to. We use carboxylate beads from
polysciences,and
opsonize them with c3b and igg:10 microgms per ml inhibits phagocytosis,but the
same type of bead from another vender needs 40 micrograms per ml under the
same conditions. Try titrating you cb or cd,making sure to keep the
concentratikon of your dmso solvent at around 0.4 %.