Rabbit Anti-Tcell serum

Mark G. Torchia markt at sbrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 18 08:35:16 EST 1994

Help....

We require information about sources for Anti-Rabbit-T lymphocyte serum.

Does anyone have experience using such serum in vivo for inducing
lymphopenia in rabbits? (ie calculating an appropriate in vivo dose).

Additionally, most of the commercial sources we have found add sodium azide
as a preservative to their serum? Are there companies that offer their sera
without preservative? I assume that the azide would be a significant
toxicologic problem for the rabbits.

If sera with azide are the only ones available, how does one go about removing
it?  Dialysis, extraction, other methods?

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can return the favour sometime when you
need info re: creation of surgical models? You can respond directly to me at
markt at sbrc.umanitoba.ca or by posting.   MGT

Mark G. Torchia                  Research Scientist
Dept of Surgery        St. Boniface Research Center
409 Tache Avenue       Winnipeg, MB, CANADA, R2H2A6
FAX (204) 231-1918   email: markt at sbrc.umanitoba.ca