endotoxin removal from T cell antigen

John Torseth MicroBio cedar at hiv.med.umn.edu
Tue Jan 4 12:19:55 EST 1994

Dear netters:

I am wishing to use a  commercial endotoxin removal gel for removal of LPS/etc. from a prep of an E.coli antigen that has ~500 EU/ml. of endotoxin acording a   commercial LAL assay.  I plan to use the antigen for in vitro cell proliferation and cytokine production assays in naive and primed mice.  I am hoping to find  hoping to obtain advice and hints as to how to make best use of the gel.  I also plan to use PolymyxinB.  Are there other useful techniques, please?

Appreciating your help in advance,

john torseth
grad student in micro
cedar at hiv.med.umn.edu