Reference Help

Michael Martin, esq. mpmartin at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 5 01:03:00 EST 1994

I have a couple of things that I'd like to ask anyone out there who is
able to help me with --

1) I am trying to produce a polyclonal for certain marine protists using
whole cell homogenates.  If anyone knows of work that has been done using
this rather crude method (sonication and injection are slightly less
subtle than, say, SDS-PAGE purification) I would appreciate an address or
lit. reference.  I do know of one other person who has done this with
marine organisms, and what do you know, it worked!  However, it would be
nice to see some other data...

2) I am interested in any word on recent advances in in vivo use of
fluorescent tagged antibodies that are QUANTITATIVE, not just for
physiology and neuro stuff.  Specifically, I'd like to know if anyone has
successfully used video image analysis to measure antigen concentrations
on mounted whole samples.  I eventually hope to use my antibody to
determine whether there are the remains of the aforementioned protists in
the guts of larval fish, and I'd rather not have to destroy the dissected
guts.  I will if I have to, but I'd like to be able to do other image
analysis with them as well.

If you know anything, please respond by mail.  Thanks!

Michael Martin                | Internet: mpmartin at u.washington.edu
270 Marine Sciences Build.    | Phone: (206) 685-2806
University of Washington      |
Dep. of Oceanography, WB-10   |
Seattle, WA 98195             |