Protein A for surface IgG alignment ?

Ed Stokes ebstokes at
Thu Jan 20 17:28:15 EST 1994

Our group has been coating microtiter well plates with rabbit
IgG in an immunoassay. Originally, we were purifying the
antiserum with protein A affinity chromatography, then
incubating the wells with purified IgG. More recently, we
have found that incubating the wells with protein A solution
first allows us to incubate with antiserum instead of
purified IgG, eliminating the tedious affinity chromatography.

The plates in this case are polystyrene.

Question: Is anyone aware of a reference which compares
(a) purified IgG adsorption to polystyrene with (b) protein A
adsorption followed by antiserum incubation? The literature
is full of references to protein A coated sepharose beads
and gold particles, etc., but I have not been able to find
a reference specifically related to microtiter well plate

Many thanks
Ed Stokes
ebstokes at