IgG hinge region

James Petts pettsj at visigoth.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 02:33:22 EST 1994

In article <2hme89$m9i at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, mbwjm at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (W.J.
Mawby) wrote:

> dear all
>         we are looking at the hinge region of an IgG1 and would like to
> model the structure, unfortunately a search of Brookhaven only gave us strucures
> lacking this region (both Fc and Fab). Is anybody working on this or has any
> information which would be useful to us.

AFAIK, the hinge region is *very* flexible, and no X-ray studies have yet
been puplished. I suspect very strongly that they will be more or less
impossible to obtain, but would *love* to be proved wrong. Modelled
structures (*maybe* from NMR, but otherwise pure modelling) are likely to
be your only bet, I'm afraid.

--
James Petts