Allergies

MARGARET FRANCES DISBURY mfd at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 11:25:37 EST 1994

In article <2v918c$8r3 at search01.news.aol.com>,
CatsMeow9 <catsmeow9 at aol.com> wrote:
>In article <2q0ud9$npc at search01.news.aol.com>, coffeemug at aol.com
>(CoffeeMug) writes:
	[...]
>I would expect that you would have been prescribed Intranasal
>Steroids. I'd expect that that, combined with an intraocular
>antihistamine, such as Vasocon A, plus a nonsedating antihistamine,
>would all result in additive symptomatic relief.

Sounds good to me.  I follow this regime & I can usually go
backcountry & camping at will.

>Densensitization
>therapy might help, but if are showing relief after 2 years, you are
>probably not going to be a responder.

Note of caution here - I tried this & it not only didn't work for
me but I think I ended up acquiring cross-reactivity to cats [a
REAL bummer !! :( ] and house dust mites.  Luckily this doesn't
seem to be too severe, but I would heartily recommend you get
several opinions - friends suggest that [greater] age is a
contra-indication.

Best of luck with your treatment,

Fran
Fran Disbury     JANET: mfd at uk.ac.aber    Internet: mfd at aber.ac.uk