Promega Cytotox 96 assay

Joan Redd reddjo at wwc.edu
Mon Jul 18 11:13:18 EST 1994

We have been attempting to use the Promega Cytotox 96 colorimetric
cytotoxicity assay for assaying the activity of rat CTL. In this assay we
use AIM V serum-free media w/o phenol red from Gibco.  The spontaneous and
maximal LDH release of our target cells has been within expected
parameters.  However, the spontaneous LDH release of our effector cells has
been extremely high, too high to calculate any meaningful % specific
lysis.  I would appreciate advice from anyone who has had experience with
this assay.  Which cell culture medium has worked the best?  Has anyone
successfully used this assay with rat CTL?