Reference software

Wed Jun 1 09:47:27 EST 1994

> In article <61245561wnr at> Rob at (Rob Lambkin) writes:
> >From: Rob at (Rob Lambkin)
> >Subject: Reference software
> >Date: Sun, 29 May 1994 09:54:26 +0000
> >Can anyone recomend a Bibliographical database that will run under
> >windows and allow me to create links between winword 6 and the database.
> >Hopefully it would then compile my reference list for me, and probably
> >make a better job of it!
> >It should also let me import the 9000 odd refs I have stored in Papyrus
> >7.
> >WinRefer is almost perfect except for this last point.
> >Thanks in advance.
> High Rob
> I use the program Reference-Manager for Windows. It can nicely import
> reference from a variety of sources, e.g. current contents, silverplatter
> medline or also user defined files. Unfortunately it does NOT work with
> WinWord 2.0 or 6.0: Therefore, before you can incorporte proper citation into
> your text (in one of 100 Journal formats) you ought to save your paper under
> WinWord 1.x format. Then you can run a Refman-Bibliography.
> Manuel
You should contact RIS because I think you must have an old version of
refman.  The version that I have has supported Winword 2.x for some
time. We have contacted RIS about winword 6.0, and they said to expect
an update within the next three to four weeks.

James F. George, Ph.D.              "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
Department of Surgery                --Bill Murray
University of Alabama at Birmingham
205-934-4261 voice
txpljfg at