thrombin immunogenic in rabbits??

Bipin K Dalmia bipin at
Tue Jun 21 17:04:28 EST 1994

i've purified a GST fusion protein, cleaved it with thrombin and removed
the GST portion by re-binding to GSH-sepharose. now i have my protein
and thrombin (can be seen on a gel) which i'd like to immunize rabbits
with, to make polyclonal antibodies against my protein. my question is:
would the thrombin (which may be from a bovine source, not sure, its the
one pharmacia supplies with the purification kit) cause any problems?

bipin k. dalmia               the other night i was lying on my bed, looking
bipin at             up at the beautiful stars, and i said to myself,
n2.bkd at     'where the F*CK is my ROOF !!'