thrombin immunogenic in rabbits??

plas_d at plas_d at
Wed Jun 22 17:21:05 EST 1994

I do not know about the immunogenicity of thrombin, but I've
been told by others who have tried this approach that it is difficult
to get high titers specific for the protein of interest.  These
people feel that even minor contamination of your protein with GST
leads to an immune response directed against the GST, since this is
a bacterial enzyme that the host may be previously primed against.
Obviously, their experience will not apply to all situations, but it
may be of some use to you.

Hope this helps,

Dave Plas
{No permanent address yet}