chemotaxis assays

Francis BEAUVAIS beauvai at
Mon Nov 7 16:27:55 EST 1994

In message <94114105853.~INN-AGEa00163.bionet-news at>,
lolis at ELIRIS.MED.YALE.EDU (elias lolis) wrote:
>Does anyone have any strong opinions on what the most effective apparatus is
>for doing neutrophil chemotaxis assays?  The Boyden-chamber seems to be
>heavily used but there appear to be other systems that do the job.
>does anyone know the relative advantages/disadvantages of using the 48-well
>microchamber from Neuroprobe or any of the products sold by Costar.  I am
>a protein biochemist who will shortly set up to do these chemotaxis assays
>(I've never done them before) and any help or references would be appreciated.

The chemotaxis assay under agarose is a simple method for neutrophil
chemotaxis wich  is inexpensive and which can be easily  set up with
materials found  in any  lab.

J. Immunol. Meth.  (1978)  Orr W. and Ward P.A. vol. 20,  p.95-107

Methods in Enzymology  vol. 162 (Academic Press) (1988) Nelson R.D. and
Herron M.J. p.50

F. Beauvais
beauvai at

Francis BEAUVAIS (beauvai at