Cloning Ab's

Let's Eat!!! hutton_rl at
Tue Nov 29 10:31:39 EST 1994

From:	hutton_rl 28-NOV-1994 17:00:51.81
To:	immunology at
Subj:	Cloning Ab's

From:	UCX_SMTP 28-NOV-1994 15:30:50.71
To:	hutton_rl
Subj:	Returned mail

---- Transcript of session follows ----
%UCX-E-SMTP_NOSUCHNODE,  Remote host unknown,
-SYSTEM-F-NOSUCHNODE, remote node is unknown

---- Unsent message follows ----
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 15:30:28 -0500
From: hutton_rl at (Let's Eat!!!)
To: immunology at
Subject: Cloning Ab's

From:	SOLAR::HUTTON_RL    "Let's Eat!!!" 28-NOV-1994 15:29:24.47
Subj:	Cloning Ab's

      Thanks for your reply.  The agarose trick sounds really easy; I'm going
to give it a go in the morning.  What brand of agarose do you use with this?
I've found that SeaKem Gold by FMC is the best in my hands for a combination
of low running time with good resolution, but I'm worried that your method
might not work as well with this type of agarose because of its high MP and
gel strength.  Also, how long at what rpm's do you spin down the agarose, or
does it really matter?
      As for the Stratagene TA kit, our vector codes specifically for phage
display so that we can biopan against our soman transition-state-analog after
we've grown up enough vector with IgG or IgM insert in order to detect it
using ELISA.  Therefore, we're kind of stuck with our vector, excepting any
changes we make that don't affect phage display or the insertion sites.

Thanks again,
SPC Hutton

PS  I almost forgot!  I'm in Edgewood, MD on the Chesapeake Bay between
Baltimore and Philadelphia.  My workplace is the US Army Inst. of Chem.
Defense.  We work with basically anything that has proven or might prove to be
useful in protecting soldier against chemical warfare threats on the modern
battlefield.  We also teach Army doctors and nurses how to care for the
special health problems associated with chemical casualties.  I've been
working on this particular project since I arrived here in March 1993.