Antibody production without B cells. (fwd)

Hao Xiao haoxiao at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Nov 30 00:02:06 EST 1994

DPIGG writes:
> From BIOSCI-REQUEST at Tue Nov 29 19:20:18 1994
> To: immunology at
> From: dpigg at (DPIGG)
> Subject: Antibody production without B cells.
> Date: 29 Nov 1994 19:31:51 -0500
> Sender: news at
> My question is if someone can lead me to a review article,   or an
> ariticle about this subject?  Is it possible to take out the gene for
> anibody information and express that in bacteria or other micro-organism?

Yes, check MEDLINE for recombinant Ab. gene coded for specific Ab can be
isolated either from hybridoma of Bcell or just Bcell.
Or you can produce Ab-like protein using gene coded for antigen-receptor from
macrophages and Tcell (isolated by solid phase-affinity traping) without
immunizing the animal.