Nobody's proposal

Tue Oct 4 23:21:39 EST 1994

In article <Pine.3.05.9410041023.A2578-a100000 at castor.cc.umanitoba.ca>,
Natalie Kim Bjorklund <umbjork1 at cc.UManitoba.CA> wrote:
>Nobody's original modest proposal also appeared on the population net.
>Another annoymous type with the same style of writing then asked about
>minimum population of humans required for viability after a nuclear
>disaster. Think of it folks. We could wipe out the fertility of most of
>the world with a Nobody virus after setting aside a breeding population by
>isolation or vaccine. In a single generation the entire population could
>be remade to be all white "Christian" (of the right sort of course) with
>blue eyes and blond hair. Comments anyone?
>Natalie K Bjorklund
>University of Manitoba

	And then, the loss in major histocompatibility complex diversity
would render the survivors vulnerable to the first virus that figures out
how to evade their defenses.  Think of it, folks.  First we wipe out all
the "undesirables."  Then nature wipes out the rest.  :^)

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989