experimental arthritis

Craig Laferriere ap666 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Tue Oct 11 13:11:09 EST 1994

In a previous article, agarcia at cibnor.conacyt.mx ("Adolfo Garcia Gonzalez [PG]") says:

>I am a rheumatologist and I would like to know if I can induce arthritis
>to Lewis rat when I apply them Conpelte Freund Adjuvant.
>
>Adolfo Garcia  M.D.
>CIBNOR La Paz,B.C.S. Mexico
>FAX (112)2-05-98
>e-mail agarcia at cibnor.conacyt.mx

Yes, you should be able to induce artritis which will resovlve in 3 to 4
weeks. It is called adjuvant arthritis, and it has been related to
heat-shock protein 60 from mycobacteria. Similarly, there is speculation
that Crohn's disease is realted to HSP60.