experimental arthritis

Rachel Caspi rcaspi at helix.nih.gov
Wed Oct 12 09:36:09 EST 1994

In article <Pine.3.89.9410101120.B27512-0100000 at cibnor.cibnor.conacyt.mx>,
agarcia at cibnor.conacyt.mx ("Adolfo Garcia Gonzalez [PG]") wrote:

  > I am a rheumatologist and I would like to know if I can induce arthritis
  > to Lewis rat when I apply them Conpelte Freund Adjuvant.
  >
  > Adolfo Garcia  M.D.
  > CIBNOR La Paz,B.C.S. Mexico
  > FAX (112)2-05-98
  > e-mail agarcia at cibnor.conacyt.mx

Adjuvant Arthritis in the Lewis rat is a well established and rather
thoroughly studied model. Th1-type T cell lines are available that
transfer disease to unimmunized, genetically compatible recipients. You
also have a selection of other arthritis models, such as streptococcal
cell wall-induced arthritis in the Lewis rat, and collagen arthritis in
mice and in rats. You might want to familiarize yourself with the current
literature in the field so as not to repeat studies that have already been
done.

--
   Rachel R. Caspi, Ph.D.                         phone: 301-496-6409
   Laboratory of Immunology, NEI                         301-496-6394
   Bethesda, Maryland 20892               email: rcaspi at helix.nih.gov