Fish immunology...

Halvor Lunde halvorl at nfh.uit.no
Fri Oct 14 10:37:37 EST 1994

In article <frodes-1310941522290001 at mac-if.ibg.uit.no>, frodes at ibg.uit.no
(Frode Skarstein) wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I was wondering...can anybody reccomend a fairly recent textbook/review
> article explaining the fish immune system? Preferrably also a text that
> points out the differences between fish and mammal immunology.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Frode

> Frode Skarstein                                  Department of Ecology/Zoology
> University of Tromsoe
Norway

Hello Frode

I recommend the following review-articles about the immun system in fish.
NB! We have the journal in the second floor!

Halvor

Vallejo, A.N, N.W. Miller, & L.W. Clem. 1992. Antigen processing and
presentation in teleost immune responses.
Annual Review of Fish Diseases. 2:73-90.

Kaattari, S.L. 1992 Fish B lymphocytes: defining their form and function.
Annual Review of Fish Diseases. 2:161-180.

Chilmonczyk, S. 1992. The thymus in fish: development and possible function
in the immune response. Annual Review of Fish Diseases. 2:181-200.

--
Halvor Lunde
NFH, University of Tromsoe