Human VH subgroup-specific antibodies or riboprobes

hibbs002 at hibbs002 at
Tue Oct 18 13:31:47 EST 1994

Are human VH subgroup-specific antibodies (or hybridoma lines) commercially
available?  I know VH subgroup-specific polyclonal rabbit antisera have
been used successfully in the past (JCI 1988; 82:469; JI 1991; 147: 1877).
Is raising your own antibody still the only/best way to identify these
subgroups serologically?

If we are forced to go the molecular route, are plasmids for making the
subgroup-specific riboprobes (eg, J Imm Meth 1992; 153: 249) commercially
available, or does one have to clone them all from scratch?

Thanks for reading; replies may be sent to hibbs002 at or
bionet.immunology.  If there is any interest I will summarize responses.

-- Jonathan Hibbs