agglutinated monoclonals (fwd)

Hao Xiao haoxiao at cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue Oct 18 23:58:06 EST 1994

I. Mller writes:
> From BIOSCI-REQUEST at net.bio.net Tue Oct 18 13:17:24 1994
> To: immunology at net.bio.net
> From: muller.4 at nd.edu (I. Mller)
> Subject: agglutinated monoclonals
> Date: 18 Oct 1994 17:22:48 GMT
>
> Hi, netters
> we have a problem with purified (protein G) monoclonal antibodies. After
> thawing, they start to agglutinate. Is there any possibility to get them
back in solution wit4hout destroying the acitivity? We did try:
> a) - sonication, no success,
> b) - increase salt concentration - no success
> c) - addition of 0.01% detergent - no success

4> any suggestion is welcome.

any hint for such aggregation?  your buffers contain antigens? protein G
leached out?

suggestion: add 50% of this preparation (water:propanol:acetic acid,
7:2:1) with constant stiring and pass through the sephadex G25 imediately.