agglutinated monoclonals

Robert Burns burns at sasa.gov.uk
Tue Oct 25 05:17:10 EST 1994

Roger Burger wrote:

Hi Roger,
We routinely store our purified monoclonals at -20. We don't have
any problems with any of them apart from one which is subclass IgG3.

This particular antibody spontaneously aggregates and I have yet
to find a way to stop it from doing it.

I believe that it is normal for mouse IgG3 molecules to do this
as it is part of a normal response to Bacteria.If your Mabs are
of this subclass this may be the problem.IgG3 aggregates via the
Fc end of the molecule so preparation of Fab fragments may cure the
problem

Robert