help! purifying polyclonals

BARKER, SHARON L. BLY3000 at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Wed Oct 26 20:57:38 EST 1994

I'm an MSc student trying to purify a subset of monospecific
human antibodies from polyclonal rabbit serum.  I have tried
binding my ligand to  Affi-Gel 10 but don't get good binding.
I have also tried binding the ligand to nitrocellulose and
eluting bound antibodies, but i can't seem to get enough to
use for immunofluorescence.   Short of using up every drop of
antigen and antibody to get enough for 1 slide are there any
other good methods and/or optimization tips? Thanks.
Sharon Barker Biology Dept. McGill Univ.