request for sources of anti-human T cell antibodies

David Peritt Peritt_d at a1.mscf.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 26 19:23:57 EST 1994

From: Hillary D. White, Hillary.D.White at dartmouth.edu
Date: 26 Oct 1994 19:57:27 GMT
In article <38mcb7$khc at dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Hillary D. White,
Hillary.D.White at dartmouth.edu writes:
>I am at Dartmouth Medical School and am working on human female
>reproductive tract lymphocytes.  I have searched for antibodies against
>TCR alpha-beta, TCR gamma-delta, CD3, CD4, CD8, CD28, etc and have
>found some in the usual places like Caltag, AMAC, TCD, BD, etc, but
>often there is not an antibody that is an isotype I want, or it doesn't
>work functionally, as in redirected lysis assays (binding to FcR on a
>chromium labeled target cell and complexing with a T cell antigen such
>as CD3, TCR etc);  complement depletion studies;  or blocking studies.
>(I have looked in Linscott and ATCC, of course.)  OKT3 works well in
>our redirected lysis assay, but I would be interested in sources of
>other Abs as well, so we can phenotype the effector cells we are
>isolating.  I would be very interested in obtaining hybridomas and/or
>would also be interested in the Abs themselves.  Any knowledge on which
>anti-panTCR (alpha-beta or gamma-delta) antibodies effect signalling or
>not and whether they can fix complement or not would be appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>Hillary White
>Dartmouth Medical School
>hillary.white at dartmouth.edu

Hillary,

Immunotech (formerly AMAC) carries tons of mAbs against varied antigens.
Could you e-mail me a little about your project.  We have several
antibodies against novel receptors found on CD8 T cells and NK cells
which are involved in cytotoxicity and signal in NK but not CD8 T cells.
If you are interested in checking these out in your system we can get you
the mAbs.