Flow Cytometry Programs for Mac?

Richard R. Hardy hardy at mighty.fccc.edu
Thu Sep 1 10:18:52 EST 1994

In article <344jv3$k4m at ratatosk.uninett.no>, Dag.M.Eide at veths.no (Dag
Eide) wrote:

> Does anybody know any flow cytometry programs for Macs, similar to
> WinList for Windows?
> B&D has promised such a program for a while, including different
> clustering procedures etc. It should be released as soon as the
> PowerMacs emerged. Someone at B&D also said that they had seen some
> betas for similar programs.

BD now has a control/data acquisition/analysis program that  runs on a
Q650-level Mac (not native PPC at the present, I think). This setup
replaces the older HP-based control/analysis system for their analylyzers
and sorters.  There is a separate program (called "Attractors") that does
clustering.  Both are fairly pricey (likely over $4K/Mac).  You should
contact your local BD sales rep for details.  There are third party
software solutions for specific applications, like MacCycle from Phoenix
for cell cycle analysis.

R. Hardy
Member, Institute for Cancer Research,
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
(215) 728-2463