Protein electrophoresis pattern

Ctro Inmunologia Molecular monoclon%infomed at GN.APC.ORG
Fri Sep 30 23:30:54 EST 1994

   I am obtaining different electrophoresis pattern for a monoclonal

   antibody in SDS- PAGE when I run gels in conventional system and

   stain with coomasie ( Phast Gel Blue from pharmacia ) and when I run

   PhastSystem gel stainig with Silver.the problem is that I obtain

   several bands in conventional system and just one band with

   PhastSystem, also I obtain a normal pattern for this monoclonal

   antibody by IEF and NATIVE- PAGE with PhastSystem.

   What happen?

   Where those extrabands come from?

   If this extrabands are not artifacts Why I can not detect this band

   by silver stain in phastSystem.

   Advices and sugestions will be welcome.

   Thanks in advance.

   Ernesto