Il-12 bioassay in mice

davis at wehi.edu.au davis at wehi.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 23:27:05 EST 1995

In article <3ld31l$tuq at styx.uwa.edu.au>, aredwood at uniwa.uwa.edu.au (Alec
Redwood) writes:

> Hi just a quick question is there an established protcol for the
> measurement of murine IL-12, there are methods for human IL-12, but I
> need to assay murine IL-12.  Any advise please.

Murine IL-12 is active on human cells.  What are you measuring?  If your
sample does not contain other cytokines that act on human cells, you could
use a day 4 PHA-blast assay as described previously (Tahara et al.  Cancer
Research 54: 182-189, 1994).  If you are looking at mouse serum you might
be in trouble.

Ian Davis					davis at licre.ludwig.edu.au
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch.