SHOULD ANTIBODIES BE REGULATED BY THE FDA ?

Belglobul belglobul at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 00:01:16 EST 1995

Hi,
I did not know that and it is far to please me. The trend of the American
society to create rules and laws for evrything has reached a new altitude.
I guess that the FDA try to regulate the use of antibody in human therapy.
If your are right, the majority of the most efficient antibody that have
been developed against human antigen may be soon "protected" by the FDA.
One could imagine a loophole to this. A lot of drugs regulated by the FDA
are sold in laboratory with the restricition: "for research use only" .
This trick could be used by laboratory to escape the restriction imposed
by the FDA.

Best regards
       Thierry Sornasse
       Elm: Belglobul at aol.com      or   Sornasse at dnax.org