"Immunity" Up-Ended?

Dr M.R. Clark mrc7 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 06:39:23 EST 1995

I am certainly very supportive of Polly's ideas. Although we have in the past
tended to talk in terms of self versus non-self descrimination it is perfectly
obvious that there is a lot of non-self that we fail to react to. I find it
much easier to try and think of the immune system as attempting to tell
harmful from non-harmful.

  o/ \\    //            ||  ,_ o   Mike Clark, mrc7 at cam.ac.uk
 <\__,\\  //   __o       || /  /\,  Cambridge University, Dept. Pathology
  ">    ||   _`\<,_    //  \\ \> |  "to pay for my hobbies I have to teach
   `    ||  (_)/ (_)  //    \\ \_   immunology and engineer antibodies :-)"