HELP!! Molluscum Question

Regina Bishop rkb1962 at indy.net
Thu Apr 13 14:51:48 EST 1995

I don't know whether anyone there can help but I am desperate.  My 6 year
old daughter has Molluscum Contagiosum which caused wart-like growths on
her back and under her arm.  One dermatologist tried to freeze them off
but she was not receptive to this so she suggested I take her to
university hospital and have them sedate(!) her.  She also asked if my
daughter had an immune problem because this was _rare_ in someone her age.
At the hospital I asked the doctor if this was true and she said
absolutely not, that this was very common. Today was our third visit at
the hospital and they let a 4th year med student see us first alone...He
also asked if she had an immune problem and even asked if there was any
chance she was HIV+, because this is seen alot in those patients.  I am
devestated. He said that he couldn't refer her to anyone because he is a
student but that I should have her ASA's tested.
Noone there will answer my question and when the doctor came in today she
made a point to tell me AGAIN how common this was.  ( I didn't even ask ).

Sorry for rambling.  Any suggestions?

E-mail to RKB1962 at indy.net.   Thanks.