Need method for isolating pure T from Human PBLs

Derek V. Chan chan4 at
Fri Apr 14 17:34:19 EST 1995

In <Rosenwasserlab-140495134428 at>, Rosenwasserlab at (Calvin and Hobbbes) writes:
>In article <3mj9sd$igc$1 at>, G R Barclay
><100066.300 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>> Ever tried sheep-red cell rosetting, then layering over
>> lymphocyte separation medium and collecting what goes to the
>> bottom of the centrifuge tube?
>> --
>> GRB
>Actually, You would pull down all of the T-cells through the adhesivity of
>Niaminadase treated SRBC, Then how would you remove the SRBC from the all
>important T-cells? Even if you could remove the SRBC, I would think that
>the surface markers for the T-cells would be altered or damaged and would
>affect the cells adversely. The only true method which would work with
>lower efficiency would be Dynal CD marker beads(positve selection) or
>glass-wool columns. Both of these methods would be best when considering
>selectivity and cell viability.
>Good luck!
>Jon Stacks

We've just started to look at the Dyna beads.  How good are they?  The brochure
says "99% pure."  In practice, how good is the positive selection if you're
selecting for T-cells?  Thanks

Derek V. Chan
chan4 at
dvchan at